Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Eve nosh.

I've just devoured my main Xmas Eve meal and here are the ingredients. A special one this year - cauli, sprouts & garden peas (my 3 favourite vegs) all mixed up with Bombay pots (to give it a bit of body) with a large fried onion added. Was afraid it might turn out to be uneatably awful but it was really nice. I finished all of it and it took less than half an hour to make - a very important quality.
   For tomorrow it'll be the greatest meal ever devised - fried eggs, chips (fried potato) + in a separate bowl, baked beans, with a generous pinch or two of curry powder for that 'zing'. Could there possibly be anything nicer?

I wish a VERY happy Christmas to those who grace my blog with their presence by reading and following it. I am  honoured indeed. And may 2012 be a year of peace, happiness and harmony for each and every single one of you. Love to all.

9 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very happy Christmas, Raybeard! Tomorrow's meal with baked beans would make Jerry think he had died on gone to heaven! Wishing you the same you have so graciously wished us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mitch - and it's no trouble at all to repeat my best wishes to you.
    I never knew Jerry was on my own wavelength re eating preferences. I'll give him a thought as I'm tucking in to my ambrosial Xmas repast later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here's yet another Christmas wish for you, Dr Spo. Thanks for taking the time to pop by among all your other festive calls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brussel sprouts look very lovely. I only knew them when playing CityVille game on Facebook. Do they taste like cabbage? Have a great time Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Tai. Yes, sprouts do taste a bit like cabbage, but nicer in my view, although I do like cabbage as well. People are very divided between those who like sprouts and those disliking them - a bit like attitudes to broccoli, which I do also eat but which is not on my list of most favourite vegetables.

    Enjoy your New Year celebrations, Tai - if you're having any.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....oh, and Tai, I should have mentioned that eating sprouts has a well-known unfortunate side effect 'lower down'. Let's just say that it's better to be alone for a while afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ray, I don't see them in markets here. I'd like to know how they taste like. I wouldn't be worried the side effect because I'm alone most the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really surprised they are not sold in your country, Tai. I thought that these days almost everything is available anywhere. But I do think you'd like them. If you like cabbage there is no doubt that you would. Let me know if you eventually do taste some.

    ReplyDelete