Sunday 6 October 2024

Trouble hits, big time - and hurts

Just to put it out there, I'm in something of a fix right now. Rather nasty accident last Tues - tripped over on road outside, broke left arm, smashed most of front teeth, leg and hand injuries........and all just round the corner from my home, 200 yards away, returning from (of all things!) a visit to the doctor's. My worst accident and injuries ever! - and all just as I approach birthday no.78.  Left arm been in plaster since the 'event'. I find out tomorrow morn if an operation is needed. It may not be, which I'm hoping is the case (but of course), but more likely than not it is going to be advised. Not only have I never had any operation before, I've never had any hospital stay in my life. My biggest concern is, possibly unsurprisingly, feeding and caring for my two cats. But one thing at a time.

So, this is just so as you all know. If any of you care to comment, though using this laptop in my present condition ain't easy, I will read them all and try to acknowledge when and if I can.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, no! I've had broken bones and surgeries, so you have my sympathy. Hopefully, if it comes to that, you won't be in the hospital for more than a day. I hope you get good news. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your fall; it's sounds quite nasty.
    We'll be sending all kinds of good thoughts for a speedy recovery, sir.
    Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Ray. I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope your painkillers are at least helping take the edge off all of this while you await your surgical consult. I know you know this but, during the consult, ask about any counselors/social workers that might help you w/your home life. The hospital social workers here have many options for outside resources (including home assistance, pet care info). Not sure how long your hospitalization might be; cats are fine for a few days alone. But I’m like you: I’m always thinking of my pets. Hopefully, the docs won’t think surgery is necessary. Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete