Wednesday 23 December 2009

My Christmas Dinner - decision made!

I'd thought I'd decided to have beans on toast with maybe a few sprouts on the side. But now I've hit on something even tastier! I shall indulge in a cholesterol-busting three - no, dammit, FOUR fried eggs with a HUGE mound of very well twice-fried potatoes - and, in a separate bowl, those baked beans perked up with a large pinch of curry powder. And all washed down with a glass or three of port. Now doesn't that get your salivary glands working? My tummy's already rumbling. Mmmmmmmm. Roll on Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Fried eggs. Yum! Now I know what I'm having for dinner Raybeard. I love fried eggs, but don't often add them to the menu, for obvious(heart stopping)reasons. Glad you had an exceptional dinner.The small things in life are often the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kyle - it's actually my plans for tomorrow's dinner. But I've often had the following thought - If I was to be executed (not that I expect it will ever happen!) what would be my request for my final meal? The answer is clear - a huge mound of what we in England call egg and chips (Egg + French fries to my American pals). It's not that I'm trying to be humble or get others to feel sorry for me, it's absolutely my favourite meal above all others, so much so that I have it on only REALLY special occasions. Btw there was some news here a couple of months ago that the latest scientific research is that eating a large number of eggs actually has a negligible effect on one's cholesterol level. (Will they change their mind again later?) But for the moment at least, it seems that you and I can safely be gluttons for eggs. Have a very nice meal, Kyle, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, enjoy your Christmas dinner Ray. It sounds good.

    Greg and I are at the inlaws for Christmas, and my mother-in-law is making tacos for Christmas!! Do you believe it?! Yep, it's a traditional American Christmas dinner for us... NOT! It's cool though. I LOVE tacos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I'm not 100% sure exactly what 'tacos' are, do have a most enjoyable, belt-loosening time at your in-laws, Larry. Let us know all about it in your blogs. Christmas cheers to you.

    ReplyDelete