Monday 4 May 2020

Latest news hot from The White House

I've only just heard a bulletin direct from the recently-appointed White House Press Secretary who, reporters have been assured, will never lie, and it's phenomenal news too - yes, the President has now saved TEN MILLION American lives, maybe even more, simply by NOT dropping a nuclear bomb on New York. Great success story! Is there no stopping this man??? Oh, celebrate, my friends! Give thanks and party till you drop! 
Now, who will join my petition to have this supremely gifted individual canonised? - while still alive, which might be unprecedented but this is a man with unprecedented talents, and a humble and holy man to boot. A sainthood will sit very nicely beside the 'Noble' Peace Prize he's long overdue in receiving (or should that be a 'Wurlitzer' Prize?) 
So everybody, three cheers now for this living embodiment of selfless disregard of his own interests and his studious prioritising of the often desperate needs of hard-working American citizens everywhere --------------- HIP HIP..............   

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So his initials would be O.W.? Hmmm, figures!

      Delete
    2. Never thought of it that way, but it fits!

      Delete
  2. You gotta love it when "I will never lie" is the first [of many] lies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can sign my name numerous times if you would like dear friend. When she said, it was the hearty's laugh I had in a age!!!!!! Just the gull to say those words with this sorry administration.

    I sure hope you have been staying well and fit as a fiddle. After 46 days I finally went to my market and grocery and was pleasantly surprised to get everything I needed, and the store was actually a ghost town. Maybe that will be the golden day and hour, who knows. I was also pleased seeing most people were following the store guidelines and the such. A relief for my anxiety.

    Tootles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All well here too, M.M, thanks. I only go out twice weekly, for shopping - food and necessities only - with scarf across face. I reckon about just 1 in 20 cover their face with something [proper masks are hard to come by]. And yes, here too, the shops are very nearly stocked up to normality again. Still queues to get in, though, they're yet only allowing a certain number in at a time. No sign of end of lockdown yet, but it's being talked about.
      Keep staying safe yourself.

      Delete
  4. Now about that picture, hands are too big and head is too small. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And neither does the picture capture the size of his ego. Oh, on second thoughts, maybe.....

      Delete
  5. It would be funny if it weren't all true. My heart and head ache! So glad we're not there but can't believe the damage he's doing that will be near impossible to overcome, in the USA and around the world. Meanwhile, hope you and the cats are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hardly a day passes without some crass move or daft statement, Mitch. If it were from some tin-pit dictator it wouldn't matter so much, to us anyway. But his stupidity has worldwide repercussions while we can only watch in horror and feel miserably sorry for those Americans who have to live in that country while someone as inept he presides over them. I'd be teetering on the edge of going crazy by now!
      I and the four pussycats are all fine, thanks - as I see that you and yours are.

      Delete
  6. now why do you defile your blog with a picture of this awful person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My motto is just to 'Live and let.....LIVE'.

      Delete