Sunday 29 March 2020

A tiny diversion to help lighten these dark times.

With perfect timing, here on the first day of our 'official' Summer (hah! - clocks jumped forward one hour last night) it's actually snowing! So at least I can still say with total accuracy, that the Winter of 2019/20 was the first I've experienced without my seeing one flake of snow, either on the ground or just falling. Now, with four cats a-dozing, two here in living room, two on my bed, 'scuse me while I go and turn the heating up just as they'd expect me to. Brrrrrrrrrr!!!

Btw: This must be the first time I've ever posted twice in one day. Prob'ly won't be the last.  

12 comments:

  1. And it's been hitting record highs for March over here....yesterday it was 90F...32.2C! Everything is crazy these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seasons seem to have switched round. I'd have described it as bizarre in earlier years but we all suspect the true cause, and it's mighty scary just thinking where this is going to go.

      Delete
  2. We had a mild winter too. Today? dark, damp, and drizzly. Good day for a nice liqueur and a nap me thinks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take the nap, thanks, and have already done so three times already during this daytime! And it's nice.

      Delete
  3. I love seeing your posts and YOUR snow. We had a springlike day today. Sunny and beautiful. I think we're back to rain again tomorrow. Sending cyber hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually not OUR snow, Mitch. That picc was courtesy of Google, but thanks for the sentiment.
      After couple more cold days and frosty nights it's due to start getting milder here with, if they're right, even nights approaching double figures C next week. Can hardly wait.
      Stay well yourself - and do keep watching over your dynamic duo. I know you will.

      Delete
  4. Aaack! Snow! We didn't see any this winter. I hope we don't see any this spring... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it somewhat spoiled our record, Walt, but I hope that yesterday was the first and last of it for, perhaps, the remainder of this year. We ALL have more immediate worries to concern us, n'est-ce pas? Take care of yourself and yours, mon ami.

      Delete
  5. Often I fail to comment as I haven't seen the film
    Now I cannot comment as we don't see no stinking snow ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments are always welcome whether pertinent or not, Dr Spo.

      Delete