Friday 13 March 2009

Kitchen thoughts.

Wish I had an interest in cooking, but it's such a huge bore! Never seen the point of slaving over a stove for even half an hour, let alone an hour or, possibly, several hours, when the end product takes just a few minutes to consume. Why bother, especially when one lives alone? I doubt if the attitude would change if I actually lived with a guy (which I never have). So the most I 'cook' is the weekly omelette or boiled/fried/poached/scrambled eggs - apart from that, if it's not boiling vegetables, it's a case of warming up prepared food from packets and tins. Sad life? Not really. Despite how it sounds I do make a point of eating healthily. But rather than cooking, much prefer to be using the time to read or going to the cinema or playing my keyboard - so many things that are nowhere near as dull as damn cooking!

2 comments:

  1. try cooking naked with a friend...whole different experience, I assure you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, but I don't want to end up de-hooded - or even de-plummed! But I suppose wearing a silly apron would reduce the chances of that. By the way, you say 'friend'? - WHAT FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete